What to expect on site - June and July 2021
14-June-2021 Update: With the Government's announcement of a 4-week delay to further re-opening plans, the measures outlined below will continue for the next few weeks at least.
The following information is our up-to-date guide on the procedures in place to re-open Greenacres from May onwards. This is what you can expect to find on site when you arrive, designed to keep us all safe as we continue the path to recovery.
Please read and understand what's written - any queries, do ask!
1. ARRIVAL : The site reception will be open for ONE guest only to check-in. Please wait outside the door if someone else is already checking in.
2. SITE RECEPTION : To minimise visitors, there will be no ice creams or drinks available for sale in reception. Reception will be open from 09:00 - 21:00 for urgent enquiries only. For everything else, including if you need a gas bottle, please call us first on 01749 890497.
3. FRIDGES AND FREEZERS - the "Tinformation" shed : Unfortunately you will be unable to use the fridges and freezers until further notice. Likewise the Tourist information leaflets and the book library will be unavailable.
4. VISITORS: Sorry, but no visitors are allowed. This will help us limit the number of people onsite.
5. TOILET BLOCK: Enhanced cleaning routines will be in place, using cleaning chemicals certified effective against coronaviruses / enveloped viruses. Please play your part by NOT leaving any personal effects in the toilets / showers. A MAXIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE AT ONCE are permitted inside the Gents or Ladies toilets. Please wait outside the building until it is your turn. Some sinks and a urinal have been removed from use to aid social distancing. FACE COVERINGS MUST BE USED WHEN USING THE TOILET BLOCK.
6. SHOWERS: Enhanced cleaning as described above will take place. Please queue for the showers outside the building. Shower curtains have been removed to reduce the risk of transmission, so please only bring essential personal items to your shower. After your shower, please leave the door wide open, to maximise ventilation. Where possible, leave a few minutes before using the same shower as someone outside your household. Always remove shoes before entering shower cubicles.
7. PRIVATE FACILITIES: Note that we have NO FACILITIES for emptying chemical toilet waste and this cannot be disposed-of anywhere at Greenacres. If you must bring a chemical toilet, be prepared to take it home full. The disposal of human waste in the waste disposal bins is strictly prohibited and anyone found breaching this condition will immediately be required to leave the site.
8. CYCLE HIRE: Our bicycle hire service has been withdrawn until safer times.
9 . CHILDREN'S PLAY EQUIPMENT: The swings and slide will remain in use. Always supervise your children to ensure safe use and encourage them to wash/sanitise hands regularly. The play houses will remain locked and out of use. Climbing on them is similarly not allowed. Table tennis and rounders bats / balls will be unavailable, sorry.
10. FIREPITS: Where possible, please pre-order firepits before arrival, or call us to order. Firepits will be delivered to your pitch and you will need to pay in CASH. We will make visits around the site each evening to sell extra supplies of wood and kindling, so please look out for us and have cash ready.
THE RESTRICTIONS PROTECT EVERYONE - PLEASE DO YOUR BIT AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, ENJOY A FANTASTIC STAY !!